Ireland has a high demand for skilled healthcare assistants in hospitals, nursing homes, and other facilities. This presents great job opportunities for those willing to relocate from abroad. However, first you’ll need to secure an Ireland healthcare assistant work permit.
Here is a helpful guide to successfully getting your permit as an applicant:
Permit Eligibility and Requirements
- You must have a formal job offer from an Irish employer to apply.
- Non-EEA citizens require a general employment permit with a minimum salary of €27,000 for 39 hours/week.
- Relevant healthcare qualifications and experience are needed.
- Expect to get a QQI Level 5 qualification within 2 years of working in Ireland.
Required Documents for Your Application
When applying for your Ireland healthcare assistant work permit, you will need to have the following documents ready to submit:
- Passport – A valid passport that meets the minimum validity timeframe (6 months for new permit, 3 months for renewal). Must include your photo, details, signature.
- Job Offer Contract – A formal written contract signed by you and your Irish employer, stating salary, hours, duties, etc.
- Qualifications – Copies of your certificates, diplomas, degrees or other healthcare qualifications and training.
- Company Registration – Your employer must submit proof of company registration/business license.
- Job Advertisement – A copy of the 28-day job advertisement posted on JobsIreland.ie.
- Salary Evidence – Payslips or letter from your employer proving your salary meets the minimum requirement.
- Tax Clearance – Your employer must provide a Revenue tax clearance document.
- Application Forms – Signed and completed application forms are required.
- Passport Photo – Submit a passport-style photo of yourself.
Having all these documents prepared in advance will help ensure your healthcare assistant work permit application goes smoothly and is processed quickly.
Steps to Obtain Your Ireland Healthcare Assistant Permit
- Find a Job: Search job sites such as Shortage Jobs and connect with recruitment agencies to find openings matching your skills.
- Get a Written Offer: Ensure you get a formal offer letter clearly stating salary, hours, duties, etc.
- Make sure your employer advertised the Role: Your employer must advertise online for 28 days before you can apply.
- Gather Documents: Have your passport, qualifications, signed contract, salary evidence, etc. ready.
- Submit Your Application: To make an online application please log onto the Employment Permits Online System at: Employment Permits Online System – DETE and use the online system to complete the application with all required details.
- Await Decision: It takes approximately 6-8 weeks to receive a decision on your application.
- Begin Working: Once approved, you can start your new healthcare assistant position in Ireland!
Tips for Applicants
- Confirm salary meets minimum requirements.
- Prepare all documents needed well in advance.
- Follow all instructions carefully.
- Respond promptly to any requests for additional information.
- Check passport validity meets the minimum timeframe.
With proper preparation and diligence, you can successfully get an Ireland healthcare assistant work permit. Let us know if you have any other questions!